Going back to school? Interested in an HBF college scholarship in 2017?
Mark your calendars for the following dates:
Complete your FAFSA beginning January 1. Applications for HBF scholarships are due March 1 and are available through the Office of Student Access and Completion (www.OregonStudentAid.gov) along with hundreds of other scholarship opportunities. HBF awards close to $20,000 in scholarships locally and statewide every year.
Home Building Education for Tomorrow
The Home Builders Foundation is committed to providing educational opportunities and training for tomorrow’s workforce in the construction industry. Each year the HBF awards tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships for high school students entering college and post-secondary students who are interested in pursuing a career in the home building industry.
To date, the HBF has awarded more than $220,000 in scholarships to local high school and college students statewide.
College Scholarship Applications
Click HERE to apply for Scholarships on the OSAC website.
Scholarship Timeline & Deadlines
February 15- 5pm PST: Early Bird deadline. Error-free Apps submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and will be entered into a $500 Early Bird scholarship drawing.
March 1 – 5pm PST: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
In the event that a Scholarship Application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will automatically be extended to 5:00 p.m. (PST) of the following business day.
Scholarship App timeline:
- Early fall: Begin searching and selecting scholarship opportunities in the OSAC Catalog online. Return often, as new scholarships are always being added.
- First-time applicants: set up your Student Profile and begin the OSAC online Scholarship App.
- Returning applicants: refresh and update your application from the previous year.
- High school juniors may begin a “basic application” by selecting their graduation year in the online App. Juniors cannot submit their App until their year of graduation.
- November/December: The OSAC App may be submitted November through March 1. (Apps may be started and saved before this date, however must be submitted with correct and complete transcripts.)
- Update your required Activites Chart and begin drafting your Personal Statements and scholarship-specific essays.
- January: File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Doing so will ensure you are considered for all scholarships that consider financial need.
- Finalize all areas of your App, including Activities Chart, Personal Statements, and essays.
- February: Submit your Early Bird App for a priority review, and a $500 scholarship drawing entry, or a chance to make corrections.
- March 1: Final deadline for App submission.
- April: Begin tracking awarded scholarships – through August.
Established in 1959 by the Oregon Legislature, OSAC continues to provide innovative programs to thousands of Oregon students and families to ensure access to post-secondary education. Each year, OSAC awards grants and scholarships of more than $118 million to thousands of Oregon students in their quest to achieve a college education.