Apply for Assistance
Home Builders Foundation identifies long term, stable homeless care providers who need additional capacity or building maintenance and pairs them builders, vendors and suppliers who donate their time, materials and labor to help build transitional homeless shelters. The agencies we partner with serve the transitionally homeless:
- Woman in crisis pregnancy
- Victims of domestic violence and spousal desertion
- Abused children
- Mentally challenged adults
- Families and individuals experiencing homelessness as a result of job loss or catastrophic illness
- Individuals and families suffering from drug and alcohol abuse
- Young adults transitioning from foster care
HomeAid Portland (the shelter development arm of HBF) serves as a housing developer and liaison between homeless care providers, the community at large, volunteers, residential builders, remodelers and developers and their suppliers and vendors.
Since 2005, Home Builders Foundation has built or renovated over 40,000 square feet of shelter and transitional housing space valued at over $4 million. These facilities serve over 500 men, women, youth, families with children, and domestic violence survivors each year. An extraordinary $1.6 million of the total value of these projects has been donated by the by the members of the Home Builders Association of Metro Portland (HBAMP) and others in the home building industry.
If you are an agency that provides care for temporarily homeless families and individuals, and are interested in our work in the community, applications are below: