- We received this good news today from the Coordinating Committee to End Homelessness, an initiative of the City of Portland’s Bureau of Housing.
- Congratulations! Home Builders Foundation have been selected as one of this year’s Coordinating Committee to End Homelessness (CCEH) Achievement Award recipients!
- It took hours of careful and difficult deliberation for the Steering Committee to finally come to a consensus on our award winners for 2009. Your agency were selected from a talented pool of nominations based on Home Builders Foundation’s excellence and commitment that goes above and beyond the normal call of duty to address homelessness in Portland/Multnomah County. Through your actions and work, your agency has set a positive example for others, showing that it is possible to end homelessness, one person, one family and one community at a time.
- Our awardees represent a diverse range of individuals and groups, as reflected in the categories below.
- 2009 CCEH Achievement Award Recipients
- Category Name Organization
Program Multnomah County Mobile Medical Van (Kim Tierney and Janine Carr)
Private Entity Home Builders Foundation (Melanie Tashima Duncan)
Technical Cascade Aids Project (Kristen Kane, Allison Frye, Amanda Hurley)
Individual Lio Aalalitola, JOIN
Individual Liora Berry, Cascadia BHC
Individual Liv Jenssen, Multnomah County Department of Community Justice
Individual Holly Redeau, Central City Concern
- Awards will be presented at our next CCEH meeting:
- Wednesday, July 15, 2009
CCEH Achievement Awards Ceremony (from 4:00 to 5:00pm)
First United Methodist Church, Fireside Room
1838 SW Jefferson
Portland, OR 97201
- Please RSVP your attendance to me by Friday, July 10. If you are unable to come, please designate a representative to attend and accept the award on your behalf. Feel free to invite your friends and colleagues!
- Again, congratulations on behalf of the Steering Committee. We are truly grateful for your leadership and commitment in working to end homelessness.
Jennifer Chang, MPH
Coordinator, Ending Homelessness Initiative