2014 HBF scholarships are available through the Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC). Not only will you be able to apply for HBF scholarships, you will also have access to the hundreds of other scholarships OSAC manages.
Click HERE to apply for scholarships on the OSAC website.
Thank you to Cobalt Mortgage, Professional Remodelers Organization, Gary E. Milgard Family Foundation and the Jim Irvine Statewide Fund for making these scholarships possible.
February 15, 2014 – 5pm PST: Early Bird deadline. Error-free Apps submitted by this date and time receive an early review, and will be entered into a $500 Early Bird scholarship drawing.
March 1, 2014 – 5pm PST: Final deadline for all materials to be submitted to OSAC.
Scholarship Application timeline:
- Early fall: Begin searching and selecting scholarship opportunities in the OSAC Catalog online. Return often, as new scholarships are always being added.
- First-time applicants: set up your Student Profile and begin the OSAC online Scholarship App.
- Returning applicants: refresh and update your application from the previous year.
- High school juniors may begin a “basic application” by selecting their graduation year in the online App. Juniors cannot submit their App until their year of graduation.
- November/December: The OSAC App may be submitted November through March 1. (Apps may be started and saved before this date, however must be submitted with correct and complete transcripts.)
- Update your required Activites Chart and begin drafting your Personal Statements and scholarship-specific essays.
- January: File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Doing so will ensure you are considered for all scholarships that consider financial need.
- Finalize all areas of your App, including Activities Chart, Personal Statements, and essays.
- February: Submit your Early Bird App for a priority review, and a $500 scholarship drawing entry, or a chance to make corrections.
- March 1: Final deadline for App submission.
- April: Begin tracking awarded scholarships – through August.
Established in 1959 by the Oregon Legislature, OSAC continues to provide innovative programs to thousands of Oregon students and families to ensure access to postsecondary education. Each year, OSAC awards grants and scholarships of more than $118 million to thousands of Oregon students in their quest to achieve a college education.