How You Can Help Your Community During The Covid-19 Crisis
Nonprofits who need extra support during this crisis:
• Oregon Food Bank
• Sunshine Division
• Meals on Wheels
• Red Cross – Make an appointment to donate blood!
• Domestic Violence shelters – Surge in domestic violence calls to crisis lines
• Homeless shelters
– Increasing needs for food, cleaning supplies, masks, diapers
– Extra staffing for shelters (PPE and training provided)
Local N95 masks and PPE Drives:
• Leading Builders of America leading a drive for donations of N95 masks for health care professionals.
Donation drop off site at the Clackamas Builders FirstSource:
Builders First Source
15877 SE 98th St.
***Call Todd Kelly at (503) 288-7330 prior to drop off***
• Providence Foundation reached out to HBA members to ask for donations of PPE including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
Several donation drop off sites:
Providence Office Park
Security Desk, Building 2 Lobby
4400 NE Halsey Street, Portland
Murray Business Center
Door G, Receiving Area on SW Corner of Building
3601 SW Murray Boulevard, Beaverton
Providence Mary’s Woods Clinic
17550 Provost Street, Suite 201, Lake Oswego
Providence West Linn (Former Clinic Location)
1899 Blankenship Road, West Linn
What Has Home Builders Foundation Been Working On:
All of HBF’s Shelter Development Projects are currently progressing and on-track. (Click on the links below to learn more about each non-profit shelter)
• A Village for One – therapeutic housing for girls escaping sex trafficking in Clackamas county
• Just Compassion Resource Center – homeless resource center in Tigard
• Veteran’s Village in Clackamas – sleeping pods for vets, work will continue after coronavirus crisis subsides due to increased risk of older residents
• Women’s LifeChange – Union Gospel Mission – 2021 project
HBF was also able to provide over $1,000 in gift cards to five local shelters to buy what they needed to help their guests.
Home Builders Foundation continues to look for ways to support our non-profit shelter providers and the individuals they serve. If you would like to get involved, please email HBF Executive Director Brenda Ketah at email@example.com.