On any given night, there are thousands of individuals and families who are homeless in our community. Without enough shelter beds in the Portland metro area, many sleep in the streets, under bridges, and in abandoned buildings. To address this issue, the HBA created the Home Builders Foundation (HBF) to create opportunities for members to use their unique talents to help those experiencing homelessness. The HBF’s mission is to build and remodel shelters and transitional living facilities to both increase the number of beds available for those in need and improve the places where people can rebuild their lives.
We are always looking for skilled volunteers and a wide variety of donated materials for our projects.
This is our wish list:
- Builder Captains for upcoming projects. Click here for more information.
- Donate your services or product to upcoming projects. Contact us for information about our latest project needs.
- Experienced painting contractors for our Painting a Better Tomorrow program.
- Cash donations are always welcome. Donate now!
- Host a holiday drive for hygiene item CareKits, winter coats, blankets, or toys at your workplace to benefit one of our service provider partners. Contact Chris McDowell to find out how.
Need more information? Please contact the Home Builders Foundation at (503) 684-1880.